Board of Education
Santa Cruz City Schools is governed by a seven-member Board of Education. Meetings are held twice each month on Wednesdays; locations rotate between school sites and the district office.
Meeting Dates and Locations
Check the district calendar for meeting dates and locations.
Goals and Objectives, 2010-2011
Annually, the district and the Board of Education jointly develop goals and objectives that guide their decisions regarding policy, programs and budget allocations.
Vision Statement – Create and support a learning environment that challenges and enables students to achieve their highest potential.
Core Values – We believe...
- that every person has intrinsic worth
- in treating people with dignity and respect
- that high standards and expectations foster greater achievement
- that people thrive in safe environments
- that each of us shares responsibility for the welfare of our community
- that diversity is an asset in our community
- that honesty and integrity are essential in building relationships
- that schools must provide access and equity
- in the critical role that public schools play in our democracy
1. All SCCS students will be college-ready and will successfully access post secondary educational and career opportunities.
2. SCCS students will be motivated learners who leave our system as well-rounded citizens with a broad spectrum of interests and abilities.
3. We will eliminate the achievement gaps that currently exist between demographic groups within the SCCS student community.
4. We will develop a highly collaborative, professional culture focused on supporting effective teaching.
5. SCCS will maintain a balanced budget and efficient and effective management.
6. SCCS will maintain strong communication and partnerships with its diverse community.
To email one board member - click on email link listed in individual contact info
Deborah Tracy-Proulx Board Vice President Area I/City of Santa Cruz
Patricia Threet Area II/Outside City