Mission and Goals
Create and support a learning environment that challenges and enables students to achieve their highest potential.
Core Values – We believe...
- that public schools are the foundation of our democracy
- that every person has intrinsic worth
- in treating people with dignity and respect
- that high standards and expectations foster greater achievement
- that each of us shares responsibility for the welfare of our community
- that diversity is an asset in our community
- that honesty and integrity are essential in building relationships
- that schools must provide access and equity
- that people thrive in safe environments
Goals and Objectives
Annually, the district and the Board of Education jointly develop goals and objectives that guide their decisions regarding policy, programs and budget allocations.
- All SCCS students will be prepared to successfully access post secondary college and career opportunities.
- SCCS students will be motivated learners who leave our system as well-rounded citizens with a broad spectrum of interests and abilities.
- We will eliminate the achievement gaps that currently exist between demographic groups within the SCCS student community.
- We will develop a highly collaborative, professional culture focused on supporting effective teaching.
- SCCS will maintain a balanced budget and efficient and effective management.
- SCCS will maintain strong communication and partnerships with its diverse community.