|Board of Education|
Santa Cruz City Schools is governed by a seven-member Board of Education. Meetings are held twice each month on Wednesdays; locations rotate between school sites and the district office.
Meeting Dates and Locations
Check the district calendar for meeting dates and locations.
Goals and Objectives, 2010-2011
Annually, the district and the Board of Education jointly develop goals and objectives that guide their decisions regarding policy, programs and budget allocations.
Vision Statement – Create and support a learning environment that challenges and enables students to achieve their highest potential.Core Values – We believe...
1. All SCCS students will be college-ready and will successfully access post secondary educational and career opportunities.
2. SCCS students will be motivated learners who leave our system as well-rounded citizens with a broad spectrum of interests and abilities.
3. We will eliminate the achievement gaps that currently exist between demographic groups within the SCCS student community.
4. We will develop a highly collaborative, professional culture focused on supporting effective teaching.
5. SCCS will maintain a balanced budget and efficient and effective management.
6. SCCS will maintain strong communication and partnerships with its diverse community.
To email one board member - click on email link listed in individual contact info